Friday, May 16, 2014
ROYGBIV Mini Quilt
Throwing my quilt into the virtual hat for the ROYGBIV category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.
I made this wall hanging for my husband's grandmother, and the original blog post can be found HERE.
By the time my husband and I married, my grandmothers had been gone many years. I was delighted to add two grandmothers to my family, to meet these two wonderful ladies and learn about them. One of them gave us a large handquilted quilt as a wedding gift that we still use. I wanted to make her a quilt, but didn't think I would have time to commit to something large. I decided to make something new for her to hang on the wall. When I saw this quilt at Diary of a Quilter, I wanted to copy it, but tweak it by changing the background color to black.
100% black was too dark, so I picked Alexander Henry's sketch. I am happy with how it turned out. The only change I would make is that I wish I had not washed it . . . . it looks better in the "before washing" photos . . . . live and learn.
Thank you Amy, for hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival. It is a twice a year explosion of quilty goodness. I end up pinning lots of quilts to my pinterest quilting boards while browsing through entries. I have one titled "Spectacular Spectrum Quilts" that houses some of my favorite ROYGBIV's, if you'd like to see it, click HERE.
Best wishes to all in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!
Happy stitching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Mmm, yummy! Love the bright colours against that sketch background -- makes them pop!
ReplyDeleteI also gained a Grandmother when I married, having been without one for more than ten years prior. I think my hubby thought I was a bit nuts, but he was also very happy I was so keen to visit her often! I just love your mini!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like candy, lovely colors.
ReplyDeleteYour background choice was perfect! It adds so much interest and dimension.
ReplyDeleteI love this! So bright and cheerful. It is the perfect decor to brighten up anyone's home.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Sketch is such a good fabric for backgrounds
ReplyDelete