What's that, you say?
The corners from 81 blocks and thread trimmings from stitching them together.
It's a quilt top!!!! It's been months since I've had a finished top to share, so here it is in all it's glory. I am planning to do straight line quilting with the hopes that someone will want to buy it from me. Part of me really wants to handquilt it and keep it forever though . . . . The backing fabric is solid black and the binding is the black domino dot.
This quilt was copied from this tutorial at Nathaliebearden.com. If you are going to copy a quilt, you should make it a good one, right?? (Nathalie was very gracious and simply asked that I link to her page).
I've been thinking about this quilt ever since I saw it in February. In March I finally put the fabrics in my shopping cart and got to work. I think this design would work really well if you had sentimental scraps you wanted to turn into a quilt. I saw that idea here, but didn't really feel compelled to make one until Nathalie's quilt popped up.
It feels good to have sewing progress to share! And, after a few very windy days, we are headed into some of my favorite spring weather.
Happy stitching . . .
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday

Looking good! The black solid is very effective.
ReplyDeleteThat is really cool! I love the colour combo!
ReplyDelete