So Saturday I traced,
Monday I cut,
and Tuesday I stitched the final stitches on the waistband and cuffs.
![]() |
| Photo taken before finishing the cuffs . . . as you can see |
She thought they might be too chilly (she's used to fleece & knit pajamas), but she wore them to bed, so we'll see. I talked her into two nights . . . . she may never wear them after that.
Details:
Size 3T hip with 5 inches added for length. I could have added up to 7 inches . . . . which would have been better if she wanted the cuffs.
Fabric: Lisette Spring Line, Joann's 2012 main fabric, Joann's quilting cotton coordinate
Date Started: 5/5
Date Complete: 5/8
My last fun sewing before school gets out? I may make a pair for daughter #3 . . . .
One last thing:
On the first pair, when I was serging, I cut into the fabric with the knife on my machine. (In a place I didn't want cut). It was fairly close to the seam, and I toyed with the idea of patching it. But I realized it would drive me totally crazy, so I cut another leg and kept the torn one for this pair. Since it is a smaller size, I cut it down--trimming off the serger slip.
You would never know.
Except I just told you.
Some mistakes are worth taking the time to fix, and sometimes they aren't.
I'm glad I fixed this one.

No comments:
Post a Comment