Thursday, April 26, 2012

#45 Oliver + S Sleepover pants

As mentioned previously, I had a chance to attend a class with Liesl Gibson of Oliver + S. It was a nice break from my routine and a great chance for learning from an expert. I haven't delved into the world of Ottobre children's patterns, though they look great, but I think Oliver + S is the next best thing. In comparison to the other American companies, (Simplicity, McCalls's, etc) Oliver + S provides superior design and instruction. Liesl said that each pattern is designed to be a "sewing lesson in an envelope."  They are easy to follow and teach techniques I've used on other patterns. The styles are both on trend and classic. They are not available at the $.99 and $1.99 sale prices Joann's and Hancock's offer, but for me they have been worth it.

These PJ pants were designed without tons of extra ease and with careful attention given to finishes. The cuff at the bottom can be let out as the child grows. They can be made without the ruffle for a less girly look or for boys as well.

Here they are on my model, who was in dire need of new summery pj's.

Details:
Size 7 pants with 2 inches added for length. Judging from the photo below, I could have added more.

Fabric: Lisette Collection at Joann's with 50% off coupon

Date started: 4/20
Date completed: 4/26
New skills:
The cuff process was all new. I like the finish it provides, Would like to attempt it without the ruffle, too.
First time attaching a waistband to PJ's. I love that part.

1 comment: