Saturday, January 3, 2015
Second socks & more
This morning I wove in the ends of my second set of socks.
I never posted a picture here of the finished first set . . . I finished them a little after Christmas was over.
I followed the pattern in Ann Budd's book: Getting Started Knitting Socks again. Besides the color of yarn, the only change I made was in the ribbing on the leg, this time I used K3, P1, which Budd says is her favorite leg pattern.
My son seems to like them, since he wore the first pair for several days in a row. I tried to get the blue ones off his feet after photos, but he declined. . . . . for about 15 minutes. Then, he said they were itchy. But now, an hour later, they are on again. Last year I knit all the members of my family hats. This year, it will be socks. We live in a northern climate, so everyone needs a pair (or two) of wool socks.
In the spirit of the new year, I made some goals for 2015, if you care to read them, click HERE. I didn't do that well at my 2014 goals, but a new start is a new start.
Now I am also using Instagram, and my username is stitch_every_day.
If you don't use it, but want to see photos I am posting, you can click the Instagram icon in the right hand column. (Mom--my most devoted reader).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment