Monday, January 19, 2015

My second Schnitzel & Boo mini quilt

Kristi from Schnitzel and Boo does a great job assigning partners. If you were to read what my partner listed and what I listed there were so many similarities . . . beginning with our first name . . . Beth. She likes modern quilting and does not like "cutesy" animal prints. (I wrote the exact same things!) The main difference, is that her favorite color, ORANGE, is my least favorite.
 I went to my partner's pinterest boards to find what she liked. I quickly decided I would buy Leah Duncan's Meadow fabric line since she'd pinned it, and would make something very geometric. My mini was loosely inspired by this quilt from Blue Elephant Stitches. Loosely because I changed a lot: the palette, the number and direction of the geese, and mine are not exactly flying geese either . . .but are based on this tutorial.

I had to throw in one little "cutesy" animal print . .. but I think it's pretty well disguised. When I purchased fabric recently, (can't remember where), the shop owner threw in a couple of Heather Ross charm squares. I used the snail print--so small I don't think they are that noticeable.

One of the challenges was the scale of the prints--I think they would be awesome in a large scale quilt. This is one of my favorites.

Hope she likes it--it was fun to sew with orange and try to plan for what someone else would want.


While I love participating in this quilt swap, my plan is to skip the next one. I've done two in a row, but I will be back for more in the future. I have too many projects I am already committed to at the moment. I love the quilt I received as well. It will have to wait for another day--too dark!

3 comments:

  1. This is very well done and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I wouldn't have even noticed the snails if you hadn't pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted my S&B mini too. Yours is super cute!

    ReplyDelete