Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Four more






I made progress . . . 4 more blocks. It's coming along.
The slowest part is cutting. Mostly because
1)my cutting area is the kitchen island which has been buried all summer long under piles of things I need to do. My goal when I moved to this house was to have the island clean every night before bed. Not so good at that one, but I will try again.

2)I have to think when I cut.

I finally cleaned off the island in time for my kids to go back to school. Balloons are the extent of our first day of school celebrations.
Now to get started on my piles. . . . Happy New School Year (if you celebrate it).
My right hand man




2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean by thinking when you cut! I ended up trimming a block to small recently because I wasn't watching where the markings were and went all cut happy over it. Not happy!

    Your blocks look great though! I love the simple fabrics; there's something serene looking about it. Usually I see granny squares in bright scraps but I really like the co-ordinated look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks! Yes, cutting requires so much more concentration. I find I have to be mentally prepared for it, and do better when I cut everything for a project at once.

    Keeping the counter cleared off - now THAT's a challenge!

    ReplyDelete