Monday, December 10, 2012

5th time's a TNT?

#46 I never thought I would make the same thing this many times, but this is my 5th version of the Oliver + S Music Box Jumper.

Because the design is simple, I think it is probably best with a print . . . . but we wanted corduroy and we needed fast. The Chicopee corduroy by Denyse Schmidt was an option my daughter liked, but I thought it was too much $. So we went with the local 21 Wale Navy blue, again.

I usually use a pattern size one or two larger than what they measure in the chest. Because the cloth is a little thicker, and they wear it with a shirt underneath, they need it to be a little bigger than what the pattern indicates.
(This time she measured a size 7 but I sewed a 10, last year's version she measure a size 6 but I made a 10 also).
Besides sizing, the only change I made to the pattern was to top-stitch around the neckline and armholes. When I make it again, I would like to add top-stitching where the bodice and skirt meet. Because it has a half lining, I will have to play with it to figure out when to do that. I think I know the right step . . . . . 

Details:
Size 10 bodice lengthened 1 inch
Size 12 skirt lengthened 2 inches
2.5 yards fabric with 40% off coupon $13.49 before taxes, buttons 99cents, interfacing and thread.
Started 12/7, finished 12/9 at 12:24 a.m.

Probably not the last--definitely my favorite jumper pattern.

Best news--the buttonholes were fast. 20 minutes for 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment