The back might be my favorite part.
And because I love value, here are the comparison shots:

The first mini-quilt for my own home. I would like to try a mini HST zig-zag to compare techniques before making a big one. Don't get me wrong, I like how this one turned out, but it's challenging to put together without laying out the whole thing at once, which is fine when the finished quilt is about 14 by 14 inches, but it would be a different story if it were lap size or bigger.
I made the top twice, because I measured wrong and so my squares weren't square. I sensed something was wrong, but forged ahead . .. . and regretted. It didn't take long to rip it out, but my daughter commented, "I thought you already finished that . . . ?"
I learned.
We've moved on to Thanksgiving and are making a thankful tree.
We only add a few leaves each day, so it will take until Turkey day before it's full. I found the idea here and they fill theirs up in one night. I like spreading out the process, but in a week if it's going too slowly I may re-think it.
Happy November!




I also love the back! It is fun to see those PJs again.
ReplyDelete