It's been a long, busy summer.
We moved--but not far.
My sewing space was uprooted--which gave me time to think about how many unfinished projects are hanging out in my house or my brain. I made a list and estimated how long each one should take. Longer than I want it to--but I figured making the list is the first step to conquering those UFO's.
And, I have a lot of "helpers" around in the summer.
The first finished project of fall is a half apron I designed--will be showing off soon. I couldn't find a pattern for what I wanted, so I made it up as I went along.
This is a little covered journal
I made following this tutorial.
I love reading her site--it's great eye candy.
This one is for one of my daughters & it was a quick sew--I think you could make it in one focused hour--or less if your fabric is already pressed. I was interrupted more than once, but still completed it in one afternoon. It would make a good, quick gift. I didn't piece my cover, but someday I will make one that way, too.
Details:
Started: 8/28
Completed: 8/28 (Got to love that!)
Supplies:
3/8 yard chevron from Hobby Lobby
3/8 yard muslin (Since my fabric is white, it did show through and I made a lining for it as she describes).
I want one, too!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment