It was about one hour, start to finish.
This daughter has a favorite sundress with the gathered section at the top. I decided if the fabric was on sale (50% off), I would do it.
Details:
The dress part cost $10.80/yard for 2/3 of a yard: $7.20
straps were $4.99/yard for a 1/4 yard: $1.25
=$9.06
3 seams later . . . . it's done.
(And I got my quick sewing fix--which might be the most important part).
![]() |
| the best photos are the ones cocked to the side . . . sorry about that |
*****Notes: Do not buy this fabric at regular price. It is on sale this week at 50%--which is a good deal.
Not all girls like this gathered smocking look. I have 3 daughters and only one who will wear this--so perhaps you have a one in three shot? (She's also the only one who likes skinny jeans--so maybe that's a predicting factor).


No comments:
Post a Comment