Saturday, November 26, 2011
Stitch Every Day--Week 48
Ripped, resewn, and RIGHT this time. The third time is the charm.
(I don't have a lot of white fabric in the quilt and I wanted to balance it more evenly. I can't wait to post the "finished" photos, throw out my giant bag of denim scraps, and take a nap under that heavy blanket).
When my mom offered to seam rip the denim quilt for me so I could redo it, I knew it had to be done. I declined her offer, but still appreciated it as a motivating factor.
I seam ripped (have you heard this called "unsewing"? I like that name.) last night while watching, "It's a Wonderful Life," (my favorite Christmas movie) and sewed it back up this morning.
(My what a lot of interruptions in one sentence).
I asked my husband to double check it before I stitched on the sashing--just to make sure. Happy it's done how I planned this time!
I missed two days stitching this week. On Monday I remembered right before I fell asleep, but chose to stay in my warm bed instead. My eyes were already closed and I wasn't moving.
Thanksgiving day I completely forgot to stitch. I made up for it time-wise on Friday when I added inches to the hat and an entire dishcloth, start to finish. (I was in the car, what can I say?)
I'm thankful for fabric,
color,
patterns,
texture,
sewing machines,
sharp scissors,
seam rippers,
bamboo knitting needles,
progress,
helpful advice,
and for hobbies I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment