Monday, October 24, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 43

Can you believe less than 10 weeks until the end of the year?
Success of the week

M Knit the end of a dishcloth.

T Saw a flickr sewing friend at the public library. More fun in person. Wish we were neighbors, not just neighboring cities.
More Lucy knitting.

W Remember I'm making a denim quilt?
(For the past 10 years--it's going to feel so good to finish this one).
I'd been stumped for awhile on how to cut my giant nine patches to make a disappearing nine patch. I asked my husband, who could see the solution very clearly. He solved my problem in less than 10 seconds. So grateful for his perspective. I should ask for it more often when I am stuck.
I cut and sewed back together one nine-patch.

TH Cut & sewed three more nine-patches.

FR Knitting dishcloths.
SA Knitting dishcloths.

Here's my mini tutorial on how to make a nine-patch disappear:

1) Sew a nine patch.
 




Another finished block.
Click if you are interested in seeing more options with the Disappearing nine patch.I chose to keep my blocks united, just turned. It could get very interesting if you decide to mix them up, however. The blocks with three values (light, medium, and dark) are more interesting than those with two values.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a breakthrough on the quilt!! I can't wait to see how it turns out

    ReplyDelete