This week I stitched every day!
(But I didn't write it down as it happened so you will get the quick report here).
I stitched the remaining nine patches together.
9 completed blocks--which hopefully will be a quilt top by next weekend. I probably would have done more this week but lost a little mojo when it snowed this week.
Also, I decided it was high time I start weaving in dishcloth ends . . . the completed but unfinished dishcloths
(if that makes sense)
were cluttering my knitting bag.
I chipped away at them a little at a time while watching some episodes of "The Lucy Show."
15 dishcloths!!!
No wonder my bag was so full. Time to give some away. Fortunate timing for the holiday season.
And, I awhile ago I checked out this book:
The End of Fashion: How Marketing Changed the Clothing Business Forever
I dream of attending graduate school far off into the future. I was looking at programs in Fashion and Design at the local university and I found this book on one of the class links. It is fascinating reading--but I am going to have to send it back, unread for now. I love fashion and it is a great history of many big names. I thought I would be able to read it while riding my exercise bike, but it isn't working, so it's going back to the library for now. Perhaps I will pick it up in the future. Too many books to read, so little time.
But I really loved this quote:
Bernard Arnault, chairman of LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey) observed:
"The reason to be a designer is to sell. Fashion is not pure art. It is creativity with the goal of having as many customers as possible wearing the product."
Love this idea. I like making clothing--but especially want it to be clothing that will be worn--not hanging at the back of the closet or hidden in a drawer. It must be wearable.
Enjoy your Sabbath!
And Happy Halloween.
(I didn't sew a single stitch for any costumes. My children are dressing up, just not in in things I made).
