Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 34

M 57 Squares quilted.
All my laundry was done before dinner!

T Around 71 squares quilted.
(What that means is that I lost count between the quilt and the computer. . . . oops!)
Today I lost my needle for about a half hour. I searched everywhere, got a magnet and tried everything I could think of. Then I called my mom. She suggested looking between couch cushions. I had already looked in the space that made sense. I checked the other, and there it was! We try to avoid needles or pins in feet around here.

W 80.
Almost halfway.

TH 84!!!!!
Halfway!

FR
More squares complete . . . but I didn't count. Every night when I count the total I think, "I should just count the ones I did today and add them to yesterdays. . . . . "

SA
98.5 squares are done!!!!
Yes there is a story why I quit in the middle of one. For another day.
Also worked with my daughter on her quilt top. She pieced the rows, and I attached the rows to make the top. Not always easy to work with each other, but worth it. Increases my appreciation of my mom's efforts to help me make my first quilts.

I promised a photo . . . here is some vintage me.
My mom saved some of our favorite dresses from growing up. I loved spinning in the red and white one when I was little. It is full and fast.
What do you think I should do with them when they grow out of them?
Keep them,
donate them, or
refashion them into doll clothing?

3 comments:

  1. You must keep the dresses! They are so special. I only have 2 of mine from when I was little. One from when I was an infant and another from when I was 2. I wish I had more. Perhaps one day your granddaughter(s) will wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for getting all your laundry done before dinner. I had one load to toss in right after dinner but the rest was done. Such a great feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my son a little short-all with a frog applique for his one-year-old pictures. I kept it, and when HIS son turned one, we took his picture in it. I display both pictures in a double frame, and it's just darling. Lots of people comment on it, and it's amazing how much the son looks like his dad. I'm so glad I saved it!

    ReplyDelete