Saturday, July 23, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 30

M Knit dishcloths.
T Knit dishcloths.
W Cut the part of the quilt I've been putting off. Worked on piecing. Did all the rest of the cutting so I don't have to think about it anymore. Only a few seams between me and a quilt top. Then, only a few more cuts for a border and then . . . the sandwich. Yeah!!!!
TH Finished piecing the top. Border talks with my daughter.
FR More border talks. I am doing it her way. Cut and pieced borders. Bordered the quilt.
SA Knit a few rows. Spent 7 hours at a track meet. A great day.

Here's the teaser photo--

I will post again when it's quilted and bound. My deadline is the end of August for an early September birthday. This quilt top has been on my list for a LONG time. It felt so great to make progress on it, and I can't wait to wrap it in birthday wrapping paper. Or better yet, wrap my growing daughter in it.
Happy Sabbath!

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to hand quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sandi. That might make my deadline unrealistic . . . but I am still going to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - what do you do with all those dishcloths?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hand quilting will be worth it - it's so nice to have the hand work on a quilt.

    ReplyDelete