Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 31

M Knit dishcloths, cut backing fabric for quilt, removed a long awaited mending project from my bag. Apparently clothing a kitty wasn't high on my list, but I am glad the PJ's are back in action.

T I learned how to use my blind hem stitch. I'd only ever attempted it once--when I was in a pinch for time. I usually hand hem.
From the wrong side

Right side--Can you see my stitches?

I found this blind hem tutorial and thought she made it look easy enough to try. Now I want to try hemming something just to see if I can get it to look good all the way around.

W Pieced backing. Sandwiched the quilt & basted. Two and a half hours later . . . . .
 (I am not really quick at anything--and I was taking my time).

TH Knit dishcloth, began hand quilting. My new sewing machine needed a replacement part. The seller paid for it--such nice people in the sewing community.

FR Hand quilted 5 squares.

SA More handquilting. 4 today . . . maybe more when kids are in bed?

My goal for next week is to stitch something clothing related!
Happy weekend!
(3 more weeks until school, can you believe it?)

1 comment:

  1. The blind hem looks great, and no I cannot see your stitches unless I zoom way in. Yes I can believe three weeks, as we are counting down for another reason as well.

    ReplyDelete