Despite having my kids get out of school and traveling over a thousand miles, I stitched every day these two weeks except ONE!!!!! (Which brings my total of days missed to three this year).
Mostly I've been knittting, but I also made two pincushions from Anna Maria Horner's book Seams to Me.
It is a cute pattern and I can see myself making it again. [Also, I haven't made one without flaws, yet, so I guess I need to keep practicing]. My friend Katie gave me one and I love it!!!! It is just the right size to hold my sewing essentials--I even bring it out of the sewing room (upstairs) when I have some handstitching to do. One went to a local friend and the other to my sister.
I also started and completed hand-quilting on a doll quilt for a daughter--pictures will come when it is bound.
It wasn't until after 10:30p.m. when I realized I hadn't stitched yesterday. I was not motivated enough to get out of bed and add another row to my current dishcloth. Maybe I need to keep that knitting in my bedroom?! Or start before 10:30?
I am thinking about summer sewing--it's cool in my basement sewing room in the summer--which is added motivation to get down there. I should do less thinking and more sewing.
I also visited the Trunk show of the Oliver + S patterns at a local sewing store. Here's evidence.
If you look closely, you can see me & my son's reflection in the photo, too.
Happy stitching!


No comments:
Post a Comment