Saturday, April 9, 2011
Simplicity 2576: Pattern Review
Pattern Description: Girl's A-line, elastic waist skirt
Pattern Sizing: She measures a size 6. I almost went with the size 7, but I compared the finished length on the back of the pattern envelope with her favorite skirt, and it would have been much too long. So we went with the 6.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Y
Were the instructions easy to follow? Y
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the "Learn to Sew" patterns. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is a beginner and wants to try sewing for the first time.
Fabric Used: Thicker cotton from Joann's. It isn't twill, but not poplin . . . the label just says "bottomweights."
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. Yes.
Conclusion: Great project for beginners. Or mothers teaching their beginners.
I bought this CUTE shirt from Old Navy early this spring. I thought it would be cute with a simple skirt. I also wanted my daughter to have a chance to practice her skills once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yay! It looks great!! She looks so grown up.
ReplyDeleteGood work! You did a fantastic job sewing it.
ReplyDeleteOkay - i am just going to look at your blog so I can get inspired to sew everyday. Its awesome.
ReplyDelete