Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#29 Reversible Bucket Hat: Pattern Review

Pattern Description: The title pretty much says it all--reversible bucket hat.

Pattern Sizing XS, S, M, L
I sewed a Medium for my 15 month old. (His head circumference is in the 90th percentile--What can I say? He's got a lot of brains).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Very cute results--easy to understand & sew. A quick project. If you haven't done many curved seams, it might be tricky, but a great place to begin if you haven't.

The last line of stitching is tricky. You are to edgestitch at the bottom of the panel, above the brim. It is easy to get one side of the hat to look great--but trickier to get both.


Fabric Used: Navy--bottomweights from Joann's, striped--Juvenile apparel from Joann's. It only requires 1/3 yard of each fabric.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No

Would you sew it again? Yes.


Would you recommend it to others? Yes.
Date started: 4/11
Date Complete: 4/13


Conclusion: For me it took between 2 and 3 hours, so not sure its quick enough to be a go-to baby shower gift. That said, I know I could streamline the process by doing it assembly line style and not making some of the time consuming mistakes I did this time.
(The mistakes began when I hid the navy fabric from myself. And continued when I failed to read the directions).


I love it! I want one, too. 

Sitting still for the cracker, not for me.

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute!! And so big - How did that happen?? The hat looks amazing. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete