M Helped my daughter sew seams on her skirt. I serged them.
T Wove in ends on my dishcloths.
W Knit dishcloth
TH Casing on daughter's skirt
FR Finished the casing after measuring elastic on her waist. Then, helped my daughter hem the skirt. It was more difficult for her than she wanted. But, worth it. She tried it on and loves it!
SA Today's most exciting news is that I bought "Little Things to Sew."
My first project is going to be the Reversible Bucket hat. If you want to see examples, you can click HERE and then scroll through photos if you have time to kill. It may become my standard baby shower gift if I like it.
And other non-exciting news is that I am tidying up my sewing area. I vacuumed. Also, I am sorting/organizing/washing fabric and have pieces I didn't remember.
I am working on a doll quilt I've had in progress for 6 months. Most of that time it has been waiting for me to cut a little more fabric to add to it. (I think, if I had an area permanently dedicated to tracing/cutting, I think I would get more sewing done. Perhaps what I like least about cutting is the tidying that has to happen before cutting?? Just thinking out loud, sort of. Motivation to tidy!).
I added borders. I am excited to move to the hand quilting stage of it.
And perhaps the least exciting, (but a sign of progress) is that I was looking at two bobbins of white thread and was able to tell which was 100% cotton, and which had polyester in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment