No one at church has commented on my daughter's birthday dress--which means they don't know I sewed it.
Success!!!
(Except for the friend who gave me the pattern--but I can't count her).
M 3/14 A little bit of embroidery practice
T 3/15 Knitting another dishcloth. Laid out Vogue 8699 on a sweater knit. I could have used two more inches, but I bought the end of the bolt, and the two inches were not available. I shortened the sleeve length by about 3/4 inches to accommodate.
W 3/16 Began stitching Vogue 8699. Very exciting. Sewed the front pieces together.
TH 3/17 Hurt my foot. Didn't descend the basement steps to sew . . . and I couldn't decide if I would serge V8699 or use my regular machine. Knit a few rows and went to bed early.
FR 3/18 Foot is significantly better, so I went to the basement today. Finished the back of V8699. Decided to use the serger. Tried tying on new thread instead of re-threading. It went really well. My top threads broke off . . . maybe only works with loopers? Don't know and didn't bother reading in the book to find out. I will, another time. I will use this technique again. It was fast!
SA 3/19 I serged the front of V8699 and sewed the shoulder seams. I stabilized them with clear elastic. It worked really well. I hope to finish it early next week. A great week for stitching!
P.S. My favorite quote from "The Perfect Fit"
Mastering the art of fitting is a cumulative process; expertise does not come instantly, but it does develops through experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment