M 3/7
Mending.
T 3/8
I need to clean up my sewing area. I wanted to sew something that was already in progress, so I worked on the doll PJ shirt. In that time, I began with pre-cut and ended with needing to place the velcro.
(Purchasing doll clothes is probably worth it--except for giving my daughter practice sewing).
W 3/9
Attached velcro to PJ's. Very cute. The pink of her PJ top matches her doll quilt, which I should have photographed . . . . another day.
My daughter is happy with them=I'm happy.
She really wanted to show the "lacework." And I got a big thank you, which was almost the best part. The best part was the day she traced and cut out the pattern and fabric. She's great!
De-cluttered my sewing area. Still have lots to de-clutter, but I made headway.
TH 3/10
Spring break for my kids begins tomorrow, and my husband has the day off work. I asked him to help me trace my life-size figure so that I could analyze it. Here's my head & shoulders--I will spare you the rest.
The process is described in The Perfect Fit. It took 30-45 minutes. I learned I am shortwaisted . . . and my hips are high. It is nice to see "me" objectively.
But, my last thought before turning out the light was . . . . "I didn't stitch anything today!"
FR
3/11
Due to a family fun day, I forgot completely about stitching again. Normally I would knit in the car, and I had my knitting with me, but we were having such great discussion in the car, I didn't think about stopping to knit.
So, two days in a row.
(I visited a nearby fashion fabric store and walked out with 7.5 yards of great fabric and foldover elastic for under $40. With all my kids in tow, and under 30 minutes--which I think might be a record).
SA
3/12
I knit in the car on the way home from our class.
Then, after dinner, I went to an Embroidery 101 class at a local sewing store. There were only two of us, and it was great fun. I know a bit cross stitch, but learned some important new things.
How to make a perfect french knot, and tips for tying knots on the back. I really like the split stitch . . . and I love the atmosphere of the store. It felt good just to be out of the house on my own. We've had some colds and fevers passing through the family and I didn't realize quite how stir crazy I felt.
I love handstitching! My goal is to embroider some dishtowels for my own kitchen. I am having a hard time deciding which one, but I think I will get a pattern from here.
At first I felt very discouraged about missing two days in a row this week. But I decided that was a waste of time . . . so I am happy for the 10 weeks plus of stitching every day, and renewed my determination for future stitching.




You still had a productive week. I think tracing your silhouette totally counts - you'll use that info as you sew for yourself. It's one of those things I really need to do!
ReplyDelete