Sunday, March 6, 2011

#28 Simplicity 2688: Review


Pattern Description
Child's dress and purse

Pattern Sizing

I used a size 3 bodice with a length 4 skirt.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, but I didn't use them in some spots--namely the zipper.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The sleeve is my favorite design element. A friend had sewed this dress for her daughter and the sleeve is what caught my eye. 


Fabric Used: 
I complicated matters for myself by letting my daughter choose the fabric. She chose the organza, which I underlined with a poly satin. The lining is Bemberg rayon (the most expensive of all). All fabrics purchased at Joann's this Spring.
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I underlined and lined the dress. No lining is included in the pattern.
I also used an invisible zipper instead of a centered zipper. My first but definitely not my last!!



Would you sew it again?YES!!!! I love the bound sleeve.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes. I would not recommend the fabrics I did if it's your first time, but I am delighted with how it turned out. I would add a little length, too.


Conclusion:
Darling spring or summer dress for young girls. After I put it on her this morning, I said, "What do you think?"
"Great!!" she replied.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! It looks amazing. You did a fabulous job. I especially love the little flowers on the sash. They're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that she likes it! It looks wonderful. I love also love the flowers on the sash and the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete