Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 10

M 2/28 Cut and the lining and sewed the bodice and skirt pieces.
I watched Martha's Sewing Room on TV today and she talked about using a ruffling foot. I think I have one for my serger--I will investigate and use it--she made it look so easy. I'm sure there is learning curve, but what a great device.

T 3/1 Made the lining into a dress. This time it went much more smoothly b/c I had only one layer! Attached it at the neckline, added the ribbon at the waistline. Attached the lining to the zipper by machine, then to sleeves by hand. Three ribbon rosettes. I cried about her growing up while I was handstitching. Too emotional.
Bedtime!

W 3/2
Hand appliqued a T-shirt for my b-day girl to match some pants I made last month. (She didn't want to take them off in the morning, so I guess that's success).

T 3/3
Hemmed the overskirt by hand.

FR 3/4
Hemmed the underlining by hand.


SA 3/5
Hemmed the lining on my machine. DONE.
Pictures tomorrow with a review. So happy. She is and so am I.





What will be next?
Skirt for daughter #1
Vogue 8699 in the sweater knit I just bought?
Denim quilt?
Another dress?
So many options!

1 comment: