M President's day. Kids home, brain gone. Two rows of my dishcloth.
T Not sure why I wasted my sewing time today. I knit a couple of dishcloth rows.
W I attached the bodice and skirt. I've never seen fabric fray so much in my life. I spent an hour working with the gathers. I gathered them separately, then basted together. When I basted, I stitched over the gathering rows. It was costly mistake, but I didn't want to start over. It took more time to work the gathers to the right length.
Then, I worked on my first invisible zipper. I sewed too close to the zipper and it wouldn't move--so I tried again. And again. My fourth try turned out OK, so I called it a night.
TH
Skipped the zipper for today . . . will see if I fix it later. I made sleeves. I love this sleeve!
FR
5th try with the invisible zipper was a flop. It was worse than the previous, perhaps I should have stopped.
6th try worked! BEAUTIFUL.
SA
Set sleeves.
That leaves lining and hemming to go. So close. I feel happy. This is the kind of dress I've always wanted to know how to sew. It has been painful--painful because I know I don't know what I am doing.
I am learning.

It looks great! I am impressed that you tried the zipper 6 times. I usually am not that persistent.
ReplyDeleteThat is an adorable sleeve. I love that you bound it with the chiffon - so pretty! That stuff does fray like crazy, doesn't it? It'll all be worth it in the end!
ReplyDelete