Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 8

M 2/14
Happy Valentine's Day! We had workers repairing drywall this morning. Basically I hid upstairs and let them do their thing. During this time, I mended 4 items of clothing. I don't have a very good track record as far as mending goes, but I can improve.

T 2/15
Stitched the bodice of Simplicity 2866

W 2/16
Stitched the skirt backs and fronts together.

TH
2/17 I copped out and worked on the denim quilt. I completed one block and made rows of two more. I also had a friend come over in the morning to sew. It is fun to sew together.

FR
2/18 Finished the 9th denim quilt block. Toying with the idea of turning it into a quilt for a son.
Stitched the CB seam of the overskirt for Simplicity 2866.

SA
2/19
This morning I called Katie, for advice and a pep talk. It was helpful to talk through the steps with her.
I think I should have chosen a simple fabric for this dress--instead of underlining and lining, and using my first invisible zipper.. .. BUT, one of my friends has made it and it has the CUTEST sleeve. I am just trying to take one step every day--and it's coming--slowly but surely.
Note to self: Take one step out of the comfort zone at a time instead of leaps and bounds.
Spent under $10 on my weekly Joann's trip.
(That may or may not have been influenced by the unofficial inventory I took this week). Too much fabric.

Then this evening, I gathered the skirt layers. It is starting to look really cute. While gathering, I learned it's possible to insert your sewing machine needle into yourself. OUCH. Blood, sweat, and tears are going into this one. It will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment