Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 2

1/3 Monday
Began ski cap in Cascade yarn on circulars. I like the last hat I knit, but this one folds up at the bottom, which will be a little warmer over the ears. I need:
a) a good lined hat pattern
b)to learn how much yarn to leave as a tail, because I ran out early.
c) better lighting in my living room to knit by at night

1/4 Tuesday
On the 3rd attempt, I finally got the ribbing going!!!!
I haven't purled for some time . . . so I repeatedly forgot to pull the yarn to the front. That was a big mess.
Then, my stitches twisted, so I had a good thing going, but after about 2 rounds, I figured out that the twist was another big mess.
But the third time is a charm--I am off!
1/5 Weds
Ski cap heaven . . . moving nicely.
1/6 Thurs
Ski cap reaches 7 inches.
1/7 Fri
Ski cap is 9 inches. 

1/8 Sat
A couple more rounds on the ski cap, and mended the beloved sweater which had a mysteriously hole in the right sleeve. Might not make it to the next daughter? What will I do?

I could spend a lot more time mending. I would not have picked this one today, except she begged. "Mom, it's been a week and you told me you'd do it!"

1 comment:

  1. Eee, how have I missed like 4 posts?? You've been busy and making such fun things!! I love the navy dress - thank goodness for little sisters when thing end up too small. I had to send a too small sweater to Pennsylvania for the niece to wear! That yarn is so pretty. I got some Cascade Superwash for Christmas and I can't wait to knit it.

    ReplyDelete