Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 1

1/1 Sat
Worked on McCall's 5019 doll PJ pants with my daughter. I was impressed by her skills! She traced and cut out on the dining table while I worked in the kitchen. While I covered buttons, she stitched. I serged and hemmed. The pants are done!

We cut out the pj shirt, too, so that will be next.

My mom gave me a sewing book from the late 70's/early 80's that talked about teaching your daughter to sew. It advised you have her do the work while you are doing something else nearby . .. . so she has ownership and freedom to make mistakes, but you are there to answer questions.
It is great advice.
If I hover, I do too much. Since I was working on something else, it solved my hovering problem. Yet, I was close enough that when she needed me, she got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment