Love this pattern!
I learned that I can make pleats. (The inverted box pleat is my favorite element of the dress).
The instructions are well written and diagrammed, and I love the classic style. I can't wait to make it in a spring/summer version, too.
BUT . .. . I should have tissue fit my daughter. It is too small. I cut a size 6 and lengthened the skirt to the length of a size 7. It was too tight in the bodice and not long enough for this daughter's preference, so it will be passed down to the next in line. I expected the length issue, but I did not expect the bodice would fit so closely, because I measured her a size 5 in the chest. Maybe the fabric choice was a contributing factor because it is lined on top with corduroy also?
I enjoyed sewing it. This is my 6th dress to date.
I have more corduroy in a different color to try again.
Date started: 12/1
Date complete: 12/30
Fabric: 21 wale navy corduroy from Hancock's, 9/16" navy buttons
Pattern changes: Lengthened a size 6 skirt to size 7, added 2 buttons at the bottom
New skills:
Pleats
Sewing with corduroy
My first french seams on the skirt
By far the biggest step out of my comfort zone was sewing the buttonholes. I have done them before, but never 8 on one project! I am really happy with the majority of them.
Here it is on the younger one . . . should I let her wear it now or wait until next fall?
Happy I finished it before the month was over!



It looks great! Glad you have a younger one to pass it on to. I say let her wear it if she wants to, why wait?
ReplyDelete