Saturday, December 25, 2010
# 25 Pretty pink polkas
Simplicity 4206, size 5, version 2
Fabric: corduroy from Joann's, printed and solid black, 21 wale
Date started: 12/21
Date completed: 12/25
I wanted to sew something that would not require my trying something new, so I asked my daughter if she liked this polka dot cord. Thankfully she said yes, so I bought it and planned to make her this skirt for Christmas.
Note to self: Ask yourself twice before adding another project when Christmas is a week away.
When I wrapped it, I still needed to join the elastic and close the casing. I like trying things with a casing on--it seems like the elastic is TOO big if I measure it the way the pattern advises..
And I also pulled out basting stitches this morning, too.
I REALLY like working with a pattern the second time around. It is much less stressful for me. It went more quickly this time. . . . already traced and I knew what I was doing.
She loves it! My daughter has strong opinions about what to wear, and even stronger opinions about what not to wear, so I was relieved when she wanted to put it on right away. The matching T-shirt is from Old Navy, from Dad.
On another note, while we were at Old Navy, I found a skirt like this one. Have you seen a pattern like this? I just checked through Simplicity and didn't find one. They are popular now, I would like to make one but would like someone else's brain to figure out the measurements & instructions for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It looks great. I was excited to see it after Mom told me about it.
ReplyDelete