Sunday, November 14, 2010

More PJ pants

November is turning out to be National Pajama month in my household.

I helped with 2 classes at church on PJ sewing  . . . . several completed pairs and more on the way. 

(My favorite story) One lady hadn't sewn with a pattern since junior high. After the first class, she left with only the hemlines to go. A week later, not only had she finished those, but started and completed two more, plus a tote bag.  SUCCESS.


This weekend my brother in law, sister in law and their daughter came for a visit. He came for a conference, and they came to hang out with us. I helped my sister in law with Simplicity 2290 for herself, and Simplicity 2291, for her baby.

She made the XS (1-3 month).

Most notably, she did both pairs of pj's without using a seam ripper!
(I liked the action photo best)

In the photo the adult pants still needed hemming, but you get the idea.



New skills:
Bias cut pockets on the sides of the kid's pattern. The instructions threw me for a loop. I had to read them really slowly--taking one or two steps at a time . . . I feel sort of illiterate when it comes to reading patterns--I am better at having someone show me how to do something than reading how to do it. It is a darling detail that is relatively simple to add. Anyway, we figured it out.


Next time:
Practice plaid matching?
I think I will make a version of 2291 for my baby in the navy blue interlock scraps so ALL my boys can match.

I am working up the courage to start my Oliver + S dress now that the pj classes are over.

1 comment:

  1. So cute, and I am so excited that your class is going so well!! We are starting our own 2290 group next week. I hope it works out...

    ReplyDelete