Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First hat!

One of my 2010 goals was to learn how to knit a hat. When I found out I would have some unexpected travel over Thanksgiving, I decided to make use of the car-time by working on it. I found this simple pattern on the internet. It took me about 7 hours--(with interruptions, of course).
Firsts: I used double points, circular knitting needles, and the first time REAL wool I've ever bought. I love knitting in the round!

Details:
Started: November 23
Completed: November 24

I used size 7 circulars and dpns.
Lamb's pride worsted 85%wool, 15% mohair in Elderberry Wine

I have enough from one skein left to do something substantial . . . . One daughter wore my hat for 3 days straight, so perhaps the leftovers can be combined with some more yarn for a hat for her.

The best part was pushing myself to try something new and having it come out successfully.

Can't wait to make another!

yours truly

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I have found hats (not to mention knitting in the round) to be completely addictive! I'm still a bit intimidated by DPNs though. I love the way the crown of yours is constructed - what a pretty detail.
    And did I mention how grateful I am that you taught me to knit?? Especially useful for car trips, but I am learning and enjoying the experience so much. Thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete