October was not a sewing month for me at all. It was a busy month in general, just not in the sewing room. I did finish one quick project, which I will be writing about soon, #20.
In the meantime, my son has been begging me for a pair of PJ pants to match the ones I made for "Dad" last Christmas . . . . well, here we are in November and he got his request.
(In the photo, they still needed a few last stitches, but I had to get daylight photos. I finished them at 9:30 p.m. tonight)
Details:
Simplicity 2290
This is a great pattern for beginners. It only has the center seam and since it is a "Learn to Sew" pattern, it includes extra notes for those with less experience. It is a quick and easy sew. (I must also mention that I LOVE the fact that it is for child and adult sizes. I have enough papers in my house, it is nice to have all those sizes in one envelope).
Size: Child's small, lengthened 1-2 inches. I didn't measure the adjustment, just matched it with a pair of well fitting pants. I could go measure it if you really want to know . . . . .
Fabric: Cotton interlock from Joann's (50% off last fall. Must use some fabric before buying more)
Date started: 11/3
Date completed: 11/6
I have enough left to make one for the littlest boy in the house??? maybe before next Christmas?
New skills:
I discovered I like sewing PJ pants! I think this is the 5th pair.
I learned that HIP size was the way to choose the right size. Why did this seem so novel to me? I am really happy with the fit. My kids are pretty thin, so I think I will be lengthening small sizes in the future. For this one especially. His legs seem to be growing at a very quick pace.

No comments:
Post a Comment