#15
While not a clothing project . . . I am still counting this, because it is a completed project. And well before my deadline.
My church has a Humanitarian Service department, and one ongoing project which they participate in is making School Kits. I volunteered because I am always looking for another reason to sit down at my machine. I thought I was going to be sewing the bags, so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened them to find that all I needed to do was attach velcro.
Done!
Times 11.
In my mind I see the recipient: a child in a third world country opening this bag full of school supplies and being thrilled to receive paper, pencils, and a ruler. I imagine the bag lasting a LONG time and being used for many other purposes . . . I love it!
Have you made school kits?
What service sewing have you done?
(Someday I would like to get/make a pattern for infant burial gowns and sew them to donate to hospitals. I've read about ladies who do this but don't know anyone personally who does. Hook me up if you do).


Just this week I serged the edges of bandanas for Girls Camp! I still need to sew up the hole in the tent. I have made one bag for a school kit, although I do not remember if I finished the entire bag. Maybe someone else sewed the velcro on, because I do not remember that step.
ReplyDelete