Monday, July 19, 2010

Better PJ's

#14
My oldest daughter was in desperate need of new pajama bottoms. Her former pair had holes (times 3). My mom gave me a large bag of clothes she no longer needed, so I modified a pair to fit my daughter. Here they are . . . . better than the holey pair she was wearing. Can't beat the price! Since they were capris, I was able to use the existing hem and ribbon trim at the bottom, which made my work easier.


The pattern is Simplicity 4206, view D. It took exactly 4 seams to make this pair of pj's. This pattern isn't really designed as pj's, (in fact the pattern says, "Not suitable as sleepwear"). However, the design lines closely matched the pair she'd worn out, and I started this project late in the evening on Saturday night, ie, no time to run out and buy a pattern. The leg flares much more than you can tell in this photo. I am happy with them. I cut a 6, and in hindsight, think I should have cut a 5.

The only changes I made to the pattern were that I skipped the pockets, used 3/4 in elastic instead of 1/2 in, and used the existing hems.  


Here's the photo of the younger sister who asked me to photograph her pj's as well.

You will see this pattern again soon, I am planning to make the skirt for a back to school outfit

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! They look great. The tomato plants in the background look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Nice reuse of the trim at the hems, too. They are very cute! I have a Simplicity pattern that says "Not suitable for Sleepwear", but all the kids on it are cuddling bears and blankies and clearly ready for bed. I suspect that their lawyers made them do it...

    ReplyDelete