Yesterday I used my sewing machines in my own home for the first time in about a month!
It was such a treat . . . and reconfirmed what I believe . . . a sewing day is a happy day.
This is the switch to my serger. My light bulb burnt out somewhere between ID and home. Without the light bulb, it proved quite tricky to tell if it was on or off. After awhile, my serger stopped working altogether. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working . . . .
I thought "OFF" was "ON."
After we stopped laughing, my husband taught me a little way to remember that I am recording for the purposes of my memory:
Up is "on", and down is "off"
This is why . . . .
The line represents a closed circuit . . . (i.e. energy is flowing)
and the circle is an open circuit . . . (no energy flowing).
More on what I've been sewing in the next couple of days, I will leave you with this lovely photo for tonight.
(Let your imagination run wild about how frustrated I was
that I couldn't finish my project right then,
how I was going to have to pay to get it fixed,
why did I take it on vacation with me in the first place??
etc, etc, and on and on, until I finally got the machine "ON").

So glad it works! I just borrowed a serger to use for the bandanas. I just might have to do a few other projects while I have it as well. I just hope it doesn't come unthreaded. Thanks for the explanation of the line and circle. I always wondered what they meant.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, yes...I have done a similar thing. I thought my sewing machine was broken. I thought the feeder needed to be fixed...it simply wasn't feeding the clothes through. I had used it over and over again. I just needed to get to know my machine better. After getting a new machine as a gift...I figured out I needed to adjust the length of the stitch. I felt very blonde. I had already used the new machine for a year until I decided to look at it again and solved my own mystery. Thanks for sharing the on/off knowledge. I might have done the same thing without a light! Good job on your sewing!
ReplyDelete