Saturday, April 3, 2010

Simplicity 5695, Toddler dress

Pattern: Simplicity 5695
Pattern description: Toddlers' dresses and hat.


Pattern sizing: I cut a size 2. It is a little bit too small. I should have realized this when I looked at the finished length and compared it to a dress in her closet.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Not a like or a dislike, but a surprise. I was surprised at how wide the top was until I gathered it. Call it my inexperience. If you are a beginner, don't be surprised by how big this is before you gather.


Fabric Used: The solid is a quilting cotton from Joann's, the print is a Spring 2010 juvenile apparel print from Joann's

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made view D. I wanted to make view B, but didn't have enough fabric.

Would you sew it again? Yes, but I would make a different view. I would like to try it with knits . . . tired of ironing. Also, she doesn't like wearing it. I don't know if it is the color or the elastic is uncomfortable. Or perhaps a developmental phase where everything is "NO!"


Would you recommend it to others? Yes. I reccommend shortening the neckline elastic as mentioned above.
Conclusion: Fun pattern with lots of options. My Hanna Anderson catalogs (both winter and summer) have tiered dresses similar to this. 
I love my model's crossed feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment