I decided if I was ever going to get anywhere on my Retro Flowers quilt, I would have to figure out how to "assembly line" the process. I spent several hours the first weekend in April cutting. I was listening to a
semi-annual Conference for my church.
 |
| Happy piles of color |
It has proved to be helpful in speeding up the assembly--I have a grey flower done, as well as more in the works. It seems to speed up the processes of seaming, pressing, and cutting when I have many to do at once. This is one thing I really love about quilting--repeating the process again and again.
 |
| Taped to the window |
Let's look at that a little closer:
 |
| Signs of progress--there's a lot of trimming to do in this quilt |
|
|
|
|
I've finished 3 flowers in 3 days.
(I think I've finally realized how soon school is going to be out. Feeling the crunch).
Pretty soon I will need another marathon cutting session so I can continue my assembly line sewing.
April showers: this was in my backyard on April 16th. We had a LOT of snow. A relatively dry winter but a very snowy and wet spring.
Enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment