My friend is leaving to
serve a mission in Japan with her husband. They will be gone for 6 months. As a parting gift, I made her a composition notebook cover. She and I worked with 100 + children each Sunday. Many of them signed their names in the front. Hope she loves it--it was fun to design & execute.
(When I saw a link for the
6 minute circle tutorial on Hyacinth Quilt Designs, I wanted to try it. The Japanese flag was the perfect fit). I did practice before making the final flag design. I recommend practicing before you dive in, and it took me much longer than 6 minutes. I think this technique would be easier for larger circles--mine was pretty small).
 |
| Sorry for the blur . . . wanted to show you the surprise on the inside cover |
I love sewing with Essex Linen. It's awesome stuff. Get yours
here:
I used the
Stitched in Color tutorial again, only I realized halfway through I did it all wrong. I mixed up the steps but got a suitable finished project anyway. Maybe next time I will follow the instructions?
I love a finish-able project.
That is an awesome gift for your friend!
ReplyDelete