Monday, March 5, 2012

#42

"The dress fits perfectly!" quoted from the thank you letter my niece sent today.

I made the Music Box Jumper (again). My goal was to make this for my niece for Christmas. I missed that deadline, but did complete the dress about 10 days ago. It was fun to make something I know so well. Two things I did differently this time:
1)basting the pleats by sewing machine instead of by hand. It worked well.
2) Size alterations that were different. This is challenging when the person who will wear it lives over a thousand miles away, but still possible in a loose fitting silhouette like this one. 

I don't have a photo, but if I receive one, I will update. It is a very cute corduroy print from last fall at Joann's.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It is so nice to get feedback about your creations. I know I am more likely to make something for someone when I know they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete