Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 50

M Ordered my Christmas cards. Hemmed the dress. Didn't make the same mistake as last time--delightful!

T, W, TH, FR: I knit a few rows on dishcloths before turning in. One night, it was only 4 stitches. In the meantime, I was preparing for and hosting a birthday for one of my daughters.  It was a very busy few days.

SA 8 buttonholes, 8 buttons. This time they had 4 holes instead of 2, which was a first for me.
I finished the dress!!!! The most exciting thing is that for the first time ever, I made my goal of one dress per daughter each year. YEAH!!!! It took much longer than I thought it would to accomplish this goal, but it was worth trying.
I will have pictures & a review after Christmas, but here's a sneak peek:



It's polka-dotted, pleated, and will be packaged up on Monday.

I saw some very lovely handmade dresses this week:
Here at Gorgeous Things,
(This one is the "Pippa" dress)

And here at SEWN.
(Scroll down to the bottom of her post to see the dress).

Someday I would like the quality of my dresses to be like these! This goal feels a long way off, but sewing three dresses this year is a step in the right direction. Yeah for progress.
Have a great week!!!