This is the first dress I sewed in secret. I was confident about the size without fittings because she wears the first version of this dress right now. And for the sake of remembering, it is a size 6 with length 8.
The only thing new this time is that I added some topstitching this time that is a nice detail. It looks more like RTW because of it, even though you can't see it in the photos. I am not sure where to topstitch? But I guessed right in a few places--around the neckline and armholes for example. It has brought topstitching to my mind, so now I notice it all the time, which will probably help me figure out where it goes. If you've written a post about it, or know a good resource, will you please kindly point me in the right direction?
She is happy with it=happy sewist.
Daughter #1 asked if there would be any dresses in the unopened presents, and daughter #3 said, "You should make me one like that so we match." Great words to hear.
It took about a week of sewing this time, nap times and evenings so I could hide it. And the fabric is a cord I bought from my first Fabric.com purchase, about a year ago.
One parting shot, on the floor with new toys.
For many years, I've had the goal of one dress per daughter per year, and with this dress, this is the first year I achieved it. Yeah for progress! Check out the new page I created here, ALL DRESSED UP, a photo log of the dresses I've made so far.


Cute dress! I love the new page, too. It is fun to see the progress in girls and sewing.
ReplyDeleteI like this both pix. Your girl look sweet and lovely. This dress design and fabric is too good.
ReplyDeletegifts for boys