This week I worked on the birthday quilt. I finished it tonight watching "Fiddler on the Roof" on PBS. Since I finished it after she went to sleep, I am going to put in on her in her sleep.
The pictures will come early next week, I need daylight to photograph it properly. I am very happy it is done, and my daughter likes it too. My goal has been to make each of my daughters a quilt and hand-quilt it. This means two down, one to go.
I learned (again) that I often underestimate the time that a project will take and twiddle my fingers without getting started. Because of this procrastination, I didn't get a dress sewn in time for her birthday! Boo.
When I got overwhelmed with just the quilt, I decided it would be better to focus on it and work on the dress later. I used a trick my friend taught me: to list all the steps and check or cross them off as you go.
It is a helpful system--knowing the next step and crossing out.
Enjoy your labor day weekend! We are.
