M 4th I bit the bullet and cut and stitched the neckline of the Perfect T-shirt. I tried the skinny twin needle and LOVE it. I attempted hemming one sleeve, but my twin needle kept skipping stitches, so, I used my new seam ripper, took it out, and went to bed.
T 5th Finished the hemming of sleeves and shirt. Late night.
W 6th Wore the shirt all day long. No one asked me if I sewed it. (I didn't see many people that would have asked, anyway). Knitting dishcloths.
TH 7th Worked on September's quilt. Spent part of the day with my mom. I asked her to show me some of her quilts. They are beautiful & she has put thousands of hours into them.
FR 8th I bought another sewing machine. . . . . a Husqvarna Lily
It is a nice machine from a great seller. My plan in buying one was to have one available for teaching daughters to sew and letting them sew without my needing to be there.
My son teased me about how I can only use one at a a time (why would I need 3? I've use a similar argument about the number of nerf guns one must own. I guess I asked for it).
I have looked for a long time on Craigslist for a machine that was
1)Not antique
2)Affordable
3)Good quality--several stitching capabilities I was looking for.
I found it!
I cut strips into blocks and stitched the first ones together. It's looking great. My goal is to have the top done by the next weekly report.
SA 9th Knit a bit in the car--we left at 7 am and got home by 2:30p.m. Only knit a tiny bit. Instead, I worked on seam ripping a very large hem.
Tried out the new machine. Practice stitches only, nothing serious.

You had a great week! New machines are always fun. I confess I prefer the narrow twin needle myself. I could never find a stretch narrow twin, so I used the universal one and did often have problems with stitches skipping on lighter weight knits particularly.
ReplyDeleteHooray for new sewing machines! I have the Rose and I LOVE it.
ReplyDelete