Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 27

M Joining strips for a quilt which I am hoping to finish by September.
T More strips. I love the freedom to think that a repetitive sewing job allows. Also spent 8 am 'til 4:30pm at Cub Scout Day camp.
W Cut the perfect T-shirt. Stitched shoulder seams.
TH Cut the sleeves of the perfect T-shirt, sewed one in. Happy to see it coming together!!!
FR Sewed in the other sleeve. It's pretty good. I made it with a jersey sheet . . . my knit equivalent of muslin. I love the color. The recovery isn't great. I want to try it in a fabric I would love to wear in public.
Received Jalie 2681 in the mail. I can't wait to make it!!! For me, or a daughter??? Hmmmm.
 (Ann, of gorgeousfabrics.com, was eliminating some patterns from her collection and I was the first to email with interest in this one. I paid the postage, and she mailed me the pattern. A great deal for $4.95).


SA Procrastinated stitching on the neckline and hemming The Perfect T-shirt. Began a dishcloth instead.

Reading Fit for Real People and loving it. Questioning if I will ever learn enough to make something fit right. Knowing I can learn to fit better. 

3 comments:

  1. What a deal on the pattern! I love all of the skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern. How do you find sewing with Jalie patterns? I've yet to try one - and I can't find that swimsuit pattern we talked about!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi--hope you come back to read my reply. (We need to trade phone numbers and have a NO CO Oliver + S sewing party. Family Reunion dress interest you?)

    I only own one other Jalie--the bathing suit. I don't know what's happened to it, if they will reprint or not. I tried asking but haven't heard back.

    RE: the bathing suit pattern. Love it. It is a great pattern--b/c of the many sizes. There are others I would order. When I do, I will pick their classics--things I would sew for my girls and me--to get a lot of use out of all their sizes. And I would like to try some of their T shirts.

    ReplyDelete