Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 20

M Knit dishcloth rows.Sickness in my house.

T Bought fabric for more bucket hats.

W Began 2 bucket hats. I had to trace a new size, so that and cutting took one hour. 50 more minutes sewing.

TH Shelley, a local seamstress came over to help me fit Simplicity 2339. We spent a long time working on it. I probably asked too many questions--slowing down the process. OOPS.
Late TH night I stitched the new bodice darts and tried it on. It is much closer . . . . but not quite there. Even though it is a cup sized pattern, perhaps I will trace a smaller size (based on my high bust) and do an FBA to see if that shape is nicer . . . . ?
Saga of the Fitted Shirt Continues
The best part(s) about having her come over is that she helped me add enough width to put in the vertical darts both front and back and she figured how much width would be added with the plackets. So great!
This week, I saw two versions of this blouse here and here that are cute--so I am headed in the right direction--it's just going to take some time to get there.

FR Kids home from school. I sewed two seams on baby hats . . . baby shower tomorrow.


SA Finished hat #1. It took 85 more minutes. I sew slowly. But I am happy with how it turned out. The chambray frayed more than any other woven I've worked with (except maybe flannel). Seersucker would be great for summer, too. This time I did not do the concentric circles all the way up the brim. I stopped after 5 lines. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can probably see them. I love this pattern!

Chambray

Same fabric I used for my son's

2 comments:

  1. I almost called yesterday to see how it went with the shirt. I love the hats. They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hats. What pattern did you use? Is it for babies only? You braved stripes and did awesome!

    ReplyDelete