Pattern Description: Misses top Close-fitting, hip or below hip top have princess seams, collar and sleeve length variations with stitched hem.
Pattern Sizing: I made a 22 with a D cup
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the princess seams and 3/4 sleeves
Fabric Used:
Sweater knit from Joann's.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Sewed the sleeves in flat,
Stabilized shoulders with clear elastic,
do NOT do a double fold on hemlines.
Would you sew it again?
Maybe. I think it would be great with a printed knit--some variation in light & dark tones. It seems like too much solid fabric. And I need to get a necklace and wear it before I decide if I want to make it again. I will know in the next week or so if I want to make it again.
Would you recommend it to others?
Yes
Conclusion:
Lovely knit top for beginners. Easy.
I braved my coverstitch for the first time and am so happy with the results. While this project nudged me out of my comfort zone--perhaps this one was the most notable way.
Firsts: Sewing a sweater knit, using the coverstitch
To be honest, I don't know how much I will wear this. I am going to try it out and see how it feels. It is comfortable and the fit is great--but I am not sure it is "me." It is a little bit anticlimactic finishing something that you don't know if you will wear.
Educationally speaking, however, it was worth it. When I bought the fabric, I thought, "Hmmm, glittery . . . doesn't really feel like me . . . . but since it's a good price and I want to try a sweater knit--it will be a good experience even if I don't like how it turns out."
I love sweaters and wear them a lot--I am so excited to be able to sew them!
Because it is solid--it's a whole lot of color in one place (I wear a v-neck or a button up over a T-shirt nearly everyday), so I am used to having things a little more open. I think I will shop for a necklace that lands in the right place.
This is my second top. (Not counting the muslin I made for this one since it's already in the garbage).
![]() |
| blurry, but broken up visually with the scarf |


It looks great and I am so proud of you for coverstitching!!! I think a big pendant would give you the vee at the chest, although it's cute with the scarf as well.
ReplyDelete