Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 5

M 1/24 Tonight I wanted to sew, so
I got out the denim squares for a quilt I've been planning since my first baby.
(10 years ago)
I relearned "measure twice, cut once."
My first 44 squares were 8.5 inches.
Last weeks' are only 8 inches  . . . . times 22 squares. OOPS.
I was VERY frustrated, but decided to move on anyway, I pieced the first 9 squares. They look great and I remembered--sewing is my favorite stitching.

T 1/25
Completed the first nine patch! It is looking great.

W 1/23
Second nine patch.

TH  1/25
This morning two friends came over for PJ work. The only time I touched the machine was to change thread . . . so I am going back later.
Sewed one and a half more nine patch blocks. Planned out the rest.
Wondering who this quilt is for? Me? Or one of my kids?
My husband took a trip to the ER for a split open forehead on #4. Stressful, but 5 stitches later, everything's OK.

FR 1/26
Finished the nine patch I began yesterday.

SA 1/27
One more nine patch. It took about 22 minutes from cut squares to finished 9 patch. It is nice to see it moving along. Here are promised sewing photos. I have to decide just how big I want to make it  And how much I want to complicate it for myself (see Tidbits below).



OTHER:
I am toying with the idea of making this quilt into a "Disappearing Nine Patch" like the one you will see if you click HERE:
It is such a great design . . . . but will take more time. What say ye? (Mom, your opinion please?). The thought of cutting a nine patch in pieces is terrifying. But I love the finished result, so we'll see. Half of me just wants it done. Half of me would like it to look lovelier.

Found out my daughter thought I was sewing the matching PJ top for her doll. . . I thought she was going to sew it. It is likely to make it to the top of the list quickly b/c it is already cut out.

Took back the glittery fabric I bought last week--so glad I bit the bullet and did my first fabric return ever. I just couldn't handle the thought of all that glitter . . . all over everything. I do a fair amount of returns on clothing and other household purchases--but I think this is the best I've ever felt after making a return.

Can't believe I've been stitching every day for almost a month!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy stitching week. I really should learn to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching every day is awesome! I love seeing the quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete