Friday, September 10, 2010

New wallet #19

Last September, I sewed in my first zipper.

I was trying to copy a coin purse, and it turned out too small for usefulness. I bought two more zippers and was determined to try again. I buried it under other projects and thought about it every time I used my old worn coin purse.
OUTER VIEW

This time I did things differently and used a curved lower edge at the bottom. I bound the raw inner edges with double fold bias tape, also a new technique. (The only edges I am accustomed to binding are on a quilt). I'm very pleased with the results. The inside looks as good as the outside.

The most important part, however is that the cards fit this time. Happy spending to me!
(No more burying this project). I can't wait until someone asks me where I got it.
INSIDE VIEW











No comments:

Post a Comment